PAT LAMOUREUX

PAT LAMOUREUX
PAT LAMOUREUX - One episode in a person's life, does not define the person.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

TIME IS SLIPPING AWAY

It’s September. In a matter of a few days, it will be one year since this horrible nightmare happened.

I think for the most part I’ve done a pretty good job of keeping it together. My daughter might disagree with that – she’s used to me being a rock, so she’d probably be quick to say I’ve been “rocky” instead of a rock!

I would not ever wish anyone to have to go through what Patrick and I have lived for the past year. Sadly, however, we are not the only Veteran’s family experiencing such a catastrophic life changing dilemma. I have come into contact with so many others whose Veteran is facing a serious situation. I pray that our country and our court system will allow flexibility for the treatment of our wounded warriors. As Americans, and as Patrick’s family, we must support OUR wounded warrior.

Just yesterday someone took the poll and checked that they believed that anyone who commits a crime should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. That is certainly a narrow outlook, and I am hopeful that this person is not a family member, but rather someone who just happened to find the blog. I know that many in the family have had a hard time accepting this situation. I ask that you find a way to understand that Pat Lamoureux would never have done this; I know this man like the back of my hand. He is a good God fearing man.

I have tried and tried to understand how this situation spun so totally out of control, and numerous times I have second guessed my decision to leave that night; if I had not left, I could be dead, and I know that.

In the last year I have had numerous people ask me if I am afraid of Patrick. The answer is immediately a resounding NO. The other question I have been asked frequently (early on) was if I was going to divorce him; also a resounding NO. Some people don’t understand how it is that I am not afraid of Pat, and they question me as to how do I know this won’t happen again.

I know it won’t happen again; 1) There will never be another firearm in our residence, and 2) He WILL eventually receive the proper treatment to help him deal with the demon called PTSD. Pat would never intentionally hurt me – or anyone else.

I will not give up, back down, or walk away, and will continue to fight with every ounce of my life to save Pat Lamoureux’s life. That is what he deserves. He deserves to be saved, he deserves better than what he has received in the past.

For anyone reading this who is still struggling with the circumstances of this horrible tragedy, please reconcile yourself to the fact that this was a tragedy and not a crime. Find that acceptance in yourself and allow your human compassion to take hold. Family helps family; that is the right thing to do.

We are running short on time to raise the funds needed for these expert witnesses. These individuals are crucial for Patrick’s defense. I know that I have said that repeatedly, and I will continue to repeat how important these experts are.

Please help, please donate.

No comments:

"Grandpa Pat & Kain"

"Grandpa Pat & Kain"
"Kain-man" the jokester....

Pat Lamoureux - Iraq 2003

Pat Lamoureux - Iraq 2003
"Pat is an extraordinary, thoughtful, kind and generous man...not to mention a wonderful friend, in which one could always count upon to be there when in need." (words of a long time friend)

Pat's Family

Pat's Family
Mica & Heather, grandson Kain