PAT LAMOUREUX

PAT LAMOUREUX
PAT LAMOUREUX - One episode in a person's life, does not define the person.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A phone call from Pat

Today is Tuesday, July 14, 2009.

I just got off the phone with Pat. It was a short conversation (at a dollar a minute they always are short).

He asked me about the blog. I said it’s getting a lot of hits, people are reading it. And then he said, with a tone of excitement in his voice, “Really! That’s great! That means we’ll be able to raise enough money to get all the experts we need!” to which I didn’t make an immediate comment, I didn’t really know what to say. Then he said,

“People aren’t donating, are they?”

Well folks, maybe I should have lied to my husband given his situation, but we have always based our relationship on honesty.

I said "We have received some donations, it’s going a little slower than what I had hoped for.”

Then, with the tone of excitement gone out of his voice, replaced by the sound of depression that broke my heart he said, “I was afraid that would happen, people think I’m a bad guy now and they don’t want to help me. I love you baby, I’ll talk to you later.” And he hung up.

When I started building the blog, the very first thing I built was the “Help save a Veteran’s life” part. It’s been moved around a few times, but that was the first thing I built for the blog.

That is what this blog is about. It is about saving Patrick’s life.

Freedom is not free.

Please everyone, please donate something, anything, every dollar helps.

PLEASE. We need at least $20,000 dollars, and we are a long way from being there. PLEASE help.

No comments:

"Grandpa Pat & Kain"

"Grandpa Pat & Kain"
"Kain-man" the jokester....

Pat Lamoureux - Iraq 2003

Pat Lamoureux - Iraq 2003
"Pat is an extraordinary, thoughtful, kind and generous man...not to mention a wonderful friend, in which one could always count upon to be there when in need." (words of a long time friend)

Pat's Family

Pat's Family
Mica & Heather, grandson Kain